What to Expect
With MLAs back in their constituencies and the holidays fast approaching, things will be quiet at the provincial level. The parliamentary calendar has been released, and British Columbians will see the legislative vision of their new Premier laid out on February 6, when the session starts with a Speech from the Throne. The budget will be released on February 28, and the spring session will run until June 2.
The Week That Was
With a $2.7 million investment, more than 250 local artists and art organizations will have access to grant funding in an effort to increase diversity and inclusivity in B.C.’s art sector.
B.C. and the City of Vancouver are making moves to increase support for people experiencing homelessness in the Downtown Eastside of Vancouver through the commitment to develop two temporary bridge-to-housing projects with 90 units.
Orders in Council
OIC 671/2022 – Makes the following appointments as Assistant Deputy Ministers within the Ministry of Emergency Management and Future Skills:
- Alexander Donald Chandler;
- Madeline Maley;
- Jennifer McGuire; and
- J. David Peterson.
OIC 672/2022 – Makes the following appointments:
- Bindi A. Sawchuk as an Assistant Deputy Minister within the Ministry of Housing.
- Joanna White as an Assistant Deputy Minister within the Ministry of Post-Secondary Education and Future Skills.
OIC 673/2022 – Appoints Kelly M. Durand as an Assistant Deputy Minister within the Ministry of Children and Family Development.
OIC 674/2022 – Makes the following appointments:
- Courtney Claire Malo as a Ministerial Advisor for the Ministry of Forests.
- Edena Brown as a Ministerial Advisor for the Ministry of Finance.