What to Expect
Another heat wave one year on from the devastating heat dome that killed 619 people is bringing the political discussion around to the issue of dealing with hotter summers and how to protect people in their homes from extreme weather. The government’s role in refurbishing buildings and adding air conditioning will be debated.
The Week That Was
On June 22, the government announced its plans to halt the rebuilding of the Royal British Columbia Museum until a broad public engagement initiative can take place.
$21 million is being dedicated to the strengthening of essential infrastructure in the Village of Lytton. The recovery plan efforts will include the following:
- the restoration of crucial services (i.e. fire protection);
- the reconstruction of key municipal infrastructure along with the assessment for repair of water and sewer infrastructure; and
- ensure adequate staffing that is well equipped for recovery-related municipal operations.
Through B.C.’s Agritech Ramp-Up Pilot Program, two Vancouver-based businesses, QuantoTech and Lyne Systems, will be supporting the province’s agricultural sector utilizing innovative robotics and technology.
Orders in Council
- Ashley Kaitlyn McKay as a Ministerial Advisor within the Ministry of Municipal Affairs.
- Brittan Anne Flamank as a Ministerial Advisor within the Ministry of Children and Family Development.